Saturday, February 22, 2014

One step at a time

I am restarting this blog... I know I know I have said it many, many times before. But this time I have peer pressure.  See, recently, I was cast in the Listen To Your Mother DC 2014 show. It's a wonderful program of a panel of incredible mothers who read their own pieces all about motherhood. The director, Stephanie Dulli, of Stephanie Says, is a friend of mine. When she told me about it, I thought it would be right up my alley. I would be able to write and then perform my words on stage. I haven't performed on stage for over 17 years. So, this seemed like a nice way to ease back on the stage, one step at a time.

I read my piece in an audition and it seemed like old hat. I wasn't nervous or anything. I was confident, and of course it helped to have a friend in front of me. Although my friend was the director, I knew full well that I may not be cast, my piece may not fit into the show or, I may not be the performer they were looking for. And I was ok with that. My old audition values of "what will be, will be" came flooding back.

When I received the news I was cast, I was excited, but I honestly had no idea what it meant. I mean of course I knew I would be performing my writing. Of course I knew it meant sharing a part of my soul to an audience and the Internet, but I didn't know it meant joining a cast of an amazing group of women. I was cast a week ago.

In that time, I have "met" the cast members, and instantly we are a social media and motherhood "family". And so hear comes the pressure. I don't keep up with this blog. But these brilliant women write on a daily basis. (Click here for links to these brilliant women and their blogs)   My information and blog is going to be broadcast on a big level and I haven't written in forever! Pressure.

What if my daily musings and babble are not good? What if I don't keep up with the blog?

Truth? It doesn't matter. I have always felt that if you like my writing, great, if not move on. I write for myself ultimately and if other people like it, great!

So I will try to babble some more, I promise. Really I do.




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tiffany! I am looking forward to listening to your story. So glad to have (finally!) a chance to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading more of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, I can identify with this so much - I go through such fits and starts with my blog, and ultimately, I've decided too that no matter what, I'm writing it for myself. (To go fully meta, I even wrote a blog about it: http://astorybooklife.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/do-it-for-yourself/) Looking forward to meeting you and talking more blogging strategy. :)

    ReplyDelete