Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, Fun Day



Today, I went on a date. Without my husband.

My daughter was begging me to take her to a real nail salon. Today was NOT a good day. I had a list a mile long of things to do and I thought there was no way it would all get done if I took off to get our nails done.

But I did.

And I am so glad.

For two hours, my little girl and I lived in the moment. My shoulders were heavy with looming deadlines, but it all disappeared when I saw her authentic but quiet excitement.


I decided to stop thinking of the to do list and instead focus on my sweet Lily. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up. The answer: Rock Star. I already knew, but I wanted to make
 sure she hadn't changed it. We discussed what colors she would get on her nails, and she stated that she wanted a star, you know for the Rock Star thing. She ate ice cream while we waiting for our appointment at the salon, giggling over brain freezes and gummy bears. She skipped and hopped on a stone wall and invited me to join her. I hesitated for a second, because I am an adult, and then joined her with childlike joy.

We went to get our nails done and she asked me what each tool was and we counted in Spanish while our nails dried. She was so proud of her nails and I was so excited to show a special "big girl" right of passage. I came home rejuvenated and ready to tackle what needed to be done.

She is such a blessing to me. My sweet little girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment